The Junior League of Lubbock, Inc. is a volunteer organization open to women who possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing their potential for voluntary community participation. We welcome inquiries from prospective members year round. The annual provisional class runs June through April. In order to become an Active Member, the provisional class must be completed.
- Benefit from unique training opportunities for effective community leadership, including: advocacy, community research, fundraising, finance, leadership, public relations and personal development
- Participate in diverse and flexible volunteer initiatives
- Enjoy opportunities to work collectively with the support of other women by sharing your own talents to create positive community change
- Build relationships with a diverse group of current and emerging women leaders
- Develop new friendships and lifelong affiliations
- Become a part of an international association of 150,000 women
A candidate shall be twenty-five years of age or older on or before June 1 of the year she would become a Provisional member.
A resident candidate shall reside within the Lubbock area to be a Resident Provisional prospective member. The Lubbock area is defined as Lubbock, Lamb, Hale, Floyd, Crosby, Garza, Lynn, Terry and Hockley counties.
A non-resident prospective member must have had her physical residence within the Lubbock membership area at least one year on June 1 of the year she would become a Provisional member. The one-year residency requirement is interpreted to be any one year after age twenty-one, not necessarily the previous one, or any eight years before age twenty-one. Residency is to be defined as parent’s home for single college students. She must not have lived away from the Junior League of Lubbock area more than five years at the time of the deadline for proposals. She must live close enough to another Junior League to participate in that league’s Provisional training.
Before accepting the invitation to membership, she shall receive from the JLL an orientation on the privileges and responsibilities of League membership and shall agree to complete the Provisional Course in Lubbock or in the city to which she is transferring, at the discretion of the receiving League.
- Provisional Course Fee (one time) $45
- Membership Dues (Changes every year; due in advance of the League year)
Provisional Membership Obligations (sample course, subject to change):
- Attend 6 of 9 General Membership Meetings, scheduled monthly between September and May
- Provisional Member Retreat
- Community Orientation Tours – Tours may include Fire Safety House, Ronald McDonald House, South Plains Food Bank, and Children’s Advocacy Center
- In-League Committees – Attend one
- In-League Councils – Attend one
- Tour of Holiday Happening layout at the Lubbock Civic Center
- Attend Provisional Member Retreat (June)
- Attend 6 Monthly Provisional Meetings. (August through April)
- Plan a party for next year’s incoming Provisional Class
- Volunteer 18 hours for Provisional Placement at Food2Kids Program
- Three 3-hour Community Shifts
- Three 3-hour shifts at Holiday Happening
Address Inquiries To
The application process is an online process and applications are accepted on a rolling basis for membership classes that form each year in May.
If you are interested in membership in the Junior League of Lubbock, call the office 806.794.8874 or contact the 2022-2023 Provisional Membership Development Course Chair, Kathy Wells, by clicking here.