The Junior League of Lubbock Headquarters facility is available for rent to non-profit agencies.
This beautiful facility has the capacity to hold up to 100 participants, and has the flexibility to be set up as a single large room or smaller room units, using wall dividers. For more information about use of the facility, please read the Building Use Policies and Procedures below. Contact the Office Manager at 806.794.8874 ext 200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss scheduling.
Junior League of Lubbock
Building Use Policies and Procedures for Non-Profit Agencies
- The Headquarters facilities are available to all nonprofit agencies.
- These agencies may use the building on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, or on weekdays as approved by and reserved through the Office Manager.
- The building may be used for a maximum of six (6) hours per day and events should be kept under 100 participants. Children are allowed in the building if the rental of the building is a “children type event” such as a summer camp, etc. Pets are not allowed in the building. No smoking is allowed in the building.
- All events are to be reserved and scheduled at least one week prior to the event. To schedule an event, contact the Office Manager, Nannette Oswalt at 806.794.8874, ext. 200 or by email at email@example.com.
- In order for your event to be confirmed, the signed Building Rental Agreement, the $200 Building Use Deposit and all completed paperwork must be received by the Office Manager. No dates will be held or events scheduled until the Office Manager has received both the paperwork requested and the deposit.
- A letter of confirmation will be sent to the agency once the completed paperwork and deposit have been received.
- Event cancellations must be received prior to noon three business days before the event to receive a refund of the $200 deposit. No-show’s and late cancellations will be charged the full $200 deposit.
- At least one League member or sustaining member involved with your agency is required to be in attendance during the entire event.
- A Headquarters member will be assigned to your event and will be present at the beginning and end of the event. She will open the facility and be there to assure proper closing and setting of the security system at the end of the event. A Building Rental Fee is required for each event per day. The rental fee is due on the date of the rental. Payments made after the due date are subject to a 5% late fee. The Building Rental Fee for each event per day will be assessed as follows: Up to 25 participants: $75; 26 to 50 participants: $125; 51 to 75 participants: $150; 76 to 100 participants:$200. With a maximum of $475 for 5 days.
- At the conclusion of the event, the Headquarters member will complete the Check-Out Checklist. If the condition of the building has been returned to its normal state with no damages, the full $200 deposit will be returned. If the condition of the building is not satisfactory, the deposit will be retained by JLL for cleaning and/or repairs. Any additional repairs are the responsibility of the user with payment due upon presentation of bids.
- A cleaning fee in the amount of $75 will be deducted from the building use deposit if the following items are not completed: Table tops wiped clean with a damp cloth; chair seats wiped clean; kitchen floor swept; sink and counter tops clean; coffee pot cleaned; trash cans in kitchen and bathroom emptied in dumpster and re-lined; floors vacuumed (vacuum located in closet between bathrooms); leftover refreshments removed.
- A kitchen use fee of $15 will be charged if the kitchen or any equipment, dishes, utensils, ice, etc. are used.
- The plastic utensils, paper goods and other JLL owned supplies are for JLL use ONLY. A $25 charge will be assessed for use of JLL owned supplies. This fee will be deducted from the $200 building use deposit.
- An Audio/Visual Use Fee in the amount of $25 per event will be charged for use of any audio or visual equipment on the Premises owned by JLL. This fee is due and payable at the time of the rental.
- The Junior League will set up tables and chairs as requested by the agency representative. Set up should be detailed on the Building Rental Request form.
- Moveable walls are not to be moved for any reason during the event. If the walls are moved a $500 penalty will be assessed. If you want the walls moved for your event, contact the Office Manager.
- Building furnishings and decorations are not to be moved. If furnishings or decorations are moved a $100 penalty will be assessed and deducted from the $200 building use deposit.
- No weapons/firearms are allowed in the Junior League of Lubbock building or on its grounds.
- Wood blinds are not to be raised. If you want the blinds either open or closed, please contact the Office Manager.
- There are to be no open flames used in the Junior League of Lubbock building.
- Decorations, linens, etc. are the responsibility of the renter. Glitter and confetti are not allowed.
- No tape, nails or pins are allowed on the walls or ceilings.
- No red drinks or alcohol may be served during the event.
- Lost or misplaced items are not the responsibility of the Junior League of Lubbock.
- The office area and all office equipment are unavailable for renters’ use.
- If the Office Manager is on duty during the event, she is only there to assure the building is open & ready. She is not available for errands, copying, computer work or any other secretarial type work.